Dear St. Andrew’s Family,
I wanted to write to thank you for all you are doing to help follow the safety guidelines passed down from the Bishop of the Diocese of East Carolina, and to let you know the steps we are taking to mitigate risks associated with COVID-19 as we transition to indoor worship.
Last week we treated all indoor spaces (as well as Prayer Books and Hymnals) with PreventX 24/7, an antimicrobial bacteriostatic technology solution. PreventX 24/7 provides continuous surface protection for up to 90 days. This does not replace regular cleaning and disinfecting schedule, which currently consists of a full cleaning and sanitizing of the facilities 3 days a week, and cleaning individual spaces and surfaces as they are used in between.
Additionally, in consultation with our wardens, staff, and the heads of our COVID Sanitation and Reopening Committee and Ushers, I have established the following guidelines for indoor worship at St. Andrew’s:
- Masks must be worn at all times by everyone over the age of 5 years old.
- We will enter through the 4 doors leading to the narthex from the parking lot on the bypass side. Please use only these doors.
- Greeters will greet you, take a temperature scan, direct you to a hand sanitation station, and then to a group of ushers who will seat you. Please sit only where they direct you. You will find a sanitized BCP and Hymnal at every seat. Please feel free to use them where needed as you follow along the printed bulletin.
- At communion two ushers will direct parishioners to the two stations in front of the altar, starting at the front pews and working toward the back. Please return via the side isles to your pews.
- At the end of the service ushers will dismiss you, beginning at the back pews, and working towards the front. Upon dismissal, please exit the narthex in a timely manner. You are welcome to gather and visit outdoors at a safe distance.
We will continue to live-stream the service for those who are unable and/or uncomfortable attending in-person worship.
Thank you all for doing your part in helping us live out God’s charge to love and show care for our neighbors!